Reid Tracy is the President and CEO of Hay House, a self-help publishing company dedicated to supporting positive change through their books, events, online courses, and more. Starting as a CFO over 30 years ago, Reid joined Hay House and became instrumental in the careers of authors such as Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Christiane Northrup, and Esther and Jerry Hicks. As the company grew, he helped establish home offices in New York, London, Sydney, and New Delhi.
Under Reid’s time as CEO, Hay House has become one of the leading self-empowerment publishing companies with their books available in more than 35 countries. In addition to his work within publishing, Reid also serves as the President of the Hay Foundation, a nonprofit organization that seeks to empower women, children, and animals.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Jeremy Weisz and Reid Tracy discuss books, authors, and the publishing industry
- What does Reid look for when selecting books to publish?
- Hay House’s process for marketing and launching books
- What are some of the bonuses that authors use to increase book sales?
- Why Reid started the Hay House Unlimited Audio App and how it works
- Which authors did Reid go out of his way to approach?
- The early days of Hay House and its authors
- Reid’s journey from accounting to publishing
- What is the Hay Foundation, and who do they work with?
In this episode…
There is seemingly no end to the number of self-help books on the market. Finding books that actually empower or encourage can feel impossible. However, there are publishing companies that carefully curate their selection to make that process a little easier. That’s where Hay House comes in.
For Reid Tracy, working with insightful authors is his passion. He has worked at Hay House since 1988 and has managed to build it into one of the most influential self-empowerment publishing companies in the world. Recently, Hay House started its own business imprint, simply named Hay House Business. By venturing into the business world, Hay House’s books are now aimed to help readers in both their personal and professional lives.
On this episode of the Inspired Insider Podcast, Dr. Jeremy Weisz takes the time to interview Reid Tracy, CEO and President of Hay House, to find out more about Reid’s long-standing career in publishing. Reid talks about authors that he has worked with, his strategies for promoting books, and some of the other ventures that Hay House is working on. Plus, Reid discloses what he looks for in new manuscripts. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Joe Polish’s website
- Tim Ferriss’ blog
- Jeff Walker’s website
- Jayson Gaignard on LinkedIn
- Dean Graziosi’s website
- Dr. Bernie Siegel’s website
- Gabrielle Bernstein on Hay House
- Gregg Braden on Hay House
- Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D., on Hay House
- Christiane Northrup, M.D., on Hay House
- The Shift
- Solutions for Change
- APLA Health
- Mama’s Kitchen
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention by John Ruhlin
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Overdeliver: Build a Business for a Lifetime Playing the Long Game in Direct Response Marketing by Brian Kurtz
- Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life by Jim Kwik
- Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers by Russell Brunson
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Everyday Wisdom by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Molecules Of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine by Candace B. Pert
- “Hal Elrod: TWO rock bottoms. [Inspiration / Overcome Challenges]”
- “Leading with Passion with Gino Wickman Founder of EOS Worldwide”
- “[Top Giver Series] The Art and Science of Gifting with John Ruhlin Author of Giftology”
- “[Chicago Business Series] What Inspires Perry Marshall? Author of 80/20 Sales & Marketing”
- “What Inspires Brian Kurtz, VP at Boardroom Inc.?”
- “What Inspires Ryan Levesque? Near Death Awakening…”
- “How to Sell Something for Free and Make Your Customers Stick with Dave Woodward of ClickFunnels”
Sponsor for this episode
At Rise25, we’re committed to helping you connect with your Dream 100 referral partners, clients, and strategic partners through our done-for-you podcast solution.
We’re a professional podcast production agency that makes creating a podcast effortless. Since 2009, our proven system has helped thousands of B2B businesses to build strong relationships with referral partners, clients and audience without having to do the hard work.
When you use our proven system, all you need is an idea and a voice. We handle the strategy, production, and distribution – you just need to show up and talk.
The Rise25 podcasting solution is designed to help you build a profitable podcast. This requires a specific strategy, and we’ve got that down pat. We focus on making sure you have a direct path to ROI which is the most important component. Plus our podcast production company takes any of the heavy lifting of production and distribution off of your plate.
We make distribution easy
We’ll distribute each episode across more than 11 unique channels including iTunes, Spotify, and Google Podcasts. We’ll also create copy for each episode and promote your show across social media.
Cofounders Dr. Jeremy Weisz and John Corcoran credit podcasting as the best thing they have ever done for their businesses. Podcasting connected them with the founders/CEOs of P90x, Atari, Einstein Bagels, Mattel, Rx Bars, YPO, EO, Lending Tree, Freshdesk, and many more.
The relationships you form through podcasting run deep. Jeremy and John became business partners through podcasting. They have even gone on family vacations and attended weddings of guests who have been on the podcast.
Podcast production has a lot of moving parts and is a big commitment on our end; we only want to work with people who are committed to their business and cultivating amazing relationships.
Contact us now at support[at]rise25media.com or book a call at rise25.com/bookcall.
Rise25 was co-founded by Dr. Jeremy Weisz and John Corcoran who have been podcasting and advising about podcasting since 2008.
Insider Stories from Top Leaders & Entrepreneurs…
You are listening to Inspired Insider with your host, Dr. Jeremy Weisz.
Jeremy Weisz 0:22
Dr. Jeremy Weisz here founder of inspiredinsider.com where I talk with inspirational entrepreneurs and leaders. Today’s guest is no different. I’m going to introduce formally Reid Tracy with Hay House in a second and Reid, I always like to look back at other guests that kind of relate to this particular interview and I was thinking who are some of the cool authors I’ve had on the podcast before and Perry Marshall wrote 80/20 Sales & Marketing, Hal Elrod wrote The Miracle Morning. You can check that episode out. John Ruhlin of Giftology and Gino Wickman of Traction. And there would be no conversation without Brian Kurtz of Overdeliver who would overdeliver who thank you, Brian for introducing today’s guest Reid Tracy to both of us and we’re going to dig in a little bit about why Brian Kurtz right because it when I think of Hay House, I think of, you know, the Wayne Dyers of the world, the Joe Dispenzas of the world. And so, Brian Kurtz, I usually don’t like to lump him in with that category. So we’ll talk about that. Before I introduce Reid, this episode is brought to you by Rise25. And at Rise25 we help businesses give to and connect to their dream relationships by helping you run your podcast. You know, Reid for me, the number one thing in my life is relationships. I’m always looking at ways to give to my best relationships. And you know, with a podcast over the past 10 years, I can profile the people I love admire and the companies and have them tell their stories. So if you are out there and you’ve thought of doing a podcast, I think every business should have a podcast. If you have questions, you can go to rise25.com and check out more. Reid Tracy is the President and CEO of Hay House and they’re one of the largest most influential self empowerment publishing companies in the world. And he’s been there for the past 30 years Reid’s played a crucial role in the strategic development of authors like Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Jerry and Esther Hicks and many, many more and also responsible for establishing houses offices in New York, London, Sydney, New Delhi. And he’s also the president of the Hay Foundation, which is a nonprofit foundation, founded by Louise Hay dedicated to the empowerment of women, children, animals. So Reid thanks for joining me.
Reid Tracy 2:41
Good to be here.
Jeremy Weisz 2:44
You too, I have to know why Brian Kurtz.
Reid Tracy 2:48
Yeah, well Brian’s a great guy, has an amazing business history. We’re good friends, we’re in a mastermind together with Jeff Walker. And when we started our —he was talking, Brian was talking about doing a book and he has a lot of history and a lot of information to share. And he was talking to me about possible places to get it published. And when he first started talking about it, Hay House wasn’t really doing business books. But a couple years ago, we started we decided to start a business imprint here at Hay House, it’s called Hay House Business nice and simple. And we do a lot of the biggest names in internet entrepreneurs, which not doesn’t necessarily fit Brian but Brian is all about connecting with people marketing and all that sort of thing. And I knew that one of the first books we could do should be from him and he had this book Overdeliver that he had just about finished and he said, Okay, now I need to find a publisher and I said how about us? And he said, Okay, and so we published the book, it’s people love the book. It’s one of those books that keep people keep buying over years and years and and Brian’s a great guy and a great person to be one of the first business books we did here at Hay House