Jonathan Jacobs is a Founding Partner of Digital Natives Group, a digital marketing agency established in 2011. They help brands act like locals on mobile, social, and the web.
Jonathan and the team at Digital Natives Group have worked with many authors to help build their brand, grow their online presence, and transform their digital following into a movement. They’ve had clients like the NFL, Polaroid, Pinterest, Dr. David Perlmutter, and many more.
Jonathan has helped launch social media platforms for global sports brands, projects for Fortune 500 companies, and nearly one hundred book launches (many of them best-sellers). In creating Digital Natives Group, Jonathan managed to build a seven-figure social media practice from the ground up.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jonathan Jacobs’ reading recommendations for the best business books
- How working with Dr. David Perlmutter changed Jonathan’s eating habits
- Jonathan shares his marketing secrets for Dr. Perlmutter’s Grain Brain book
- Organic versus paid marketing for book sales: a cookbook case study
- How to create collaborative partnerships for effective book marketing
- Jonathan reflects on his work with the NFL to energize their influencer marketing
- How agency owners can demonstrate the value in their work
- Getting the pricing right for your agency
- Jonathan’s weight loss journey from 265 to 185 pounds
In this episode…
What does best-seller mean to you? If you’re thinking more than a million copies sold worldwide, then you’re speaking Jonathan Jacobs’ language. He’s the marketing mastermind behind Dr. Perlmutter’s best-selling releases—including Grain Brain, which sold over a million copies globally and started the gluten-free movement.
So how do you get your books to best-seller status? It’s about building a movement around your brand story. If you’re interested in learning some tips on how to get things moving, Jonathan Jacobs of Digital Natives Group is here to offer what he’s learned from launching over 40 titles and moving more than a million books in the past six years.
On this episode of the Inspired Insider Podcast, Dr. Jeremy Weisz sits down with Jonathan Jacobs, Co-founder of Digital Natives Group, to talk about the most effective strategies for creating a best-seller. Jonathan shares his thoughts on organic versus paid marketing, creating collaborative partnerships, and demonstrating the value of working with higher-end agencies. Plus, he reveals how he lost almost 100 pounds by following the advice in one of the books he helped turn into a best-seller.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Digital Natives Group
- Jonathan Jacobs on LinkedIn
- Jonathan Jacobs on Twitter
- Jonathan Jacobs on Medium
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen
- The Copy Book: How Some of the Best Advertising Writers in the World Write Their Advertising by D&AD
- Who Is Michael Ovitz?: A Memoir by Michael Ovitz
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers by David Perlmutter
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life by David Perlmutter
- The Grain Brain Cookbook: More Than 150 Life-Changing Gluten-Free Recipes to Transform Your Health by David Perlmutter, MD
- The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan: Boost Brain Performance, Lose Weight, and Achieve Optimal Health by David Perlmutter
- Brain Wash: Detox Your Mind for Clearer Thinking, Deeper Relationships, and Lasting Happiness by David Perlmutter, MD and Austin Perlmutter, MD
- Bob Burg: Transform your business and life by being a Go-Giver? [Sales and Revenue – Author]
- Raising Entrepreneurs: The Impact of Learning Entrepreneurial Skills at a Young Age with Cameron Herold Author of Double Double
- Disrupt You! and Endless Innovation with Author Jay Samit
- Leadership Principles That Build Global Brands with Garry Ridge, Chairman and CEO, WD-40 Company
- Does God Exist? with Perry Marshall, author of Evolution 2.0
- Mastering The Ancient Art of Jun Kombucha with Holly Lyman, Founder of Wild Tonic
Sponsor for this episode
At Rise25, we’re committed to helping you connect with your Dream 100 referral partners, clients, and strategic partners through our done-for-you podcast solution.
We’re a professional podcast production agency that makes creating a podcast effortless. Since 2009, our proven system has helped thousands of B2B businesses to build strong relationships with referral partners, clients and audience without having to do the hard work.
When you use our proven system, all you need is an idea and a voice. We handle the strategy, production, and distribution – you just need to show up and talk.
The Rise25 podcasting solution is designed to help you build a profitable podcast. This requires a specific strategy, and we’ve got that down pat. We focus on making sure you have a direct path to ROI which is the most important component. Plus our podcast production company takes any of the heavy lifting of production and distribution off of your plate.
We make distribution easy
We’ll distribute each episode across more than 11 unique channels including iTunes, Spotify, and Google Podcasts. We’ll also create copy for each episode and promote your show across social media.
Cofounders Dr. Jeremy Weisz and John Corcoran credit podcasting as the best thing they have ever done for their businesses. Podcasting connected them with the founders/CEOs of P90x, Atari, Einstein Bagels, Mattel, Rx Bars, YPO, EO, Lending Tree, Freshdesk, and many more.
The relationships you form through podcasting run deep. Jeremy and John became business partners through podcasting. They have even gone on family vacations and attended weddings of guests who have been on the podcast.
Podcast production has a lot of moving parts and is a big commitment on our end; we only want to work with people who are committed to their business and cultivating amazing relationships.
Contact us now at support[at]rise25media.com or book a call at rise25.com/bookcall.
Rise25 was co-founded by Dr. Jeremy Weisz and John Corcoran who have been podcasting and advising about podcasting since 2008.
Insider Stories from Top Leaders & Entrepreneurs…
Jeremy Weisz 0:19
Dr. Jeremy Weisz here Founder of InspiredInsider.com where I talk with inspirational entrepreneurs leaders. Before I introduce today’s guests, I’m really excited about this conversation. You know, Jonathan, I always like to tell people what other episodes would be cool to check out. And, you know, I will give you a formal introduction, Jonathan Jacobs of NativesGroup.com, but really, he helps. You know, executives, you know, especially executives who write books, get their books out there to everyone in anyone and handles a lot all the backend marketing and, and so I was thinking what authors I’ve had on that would be fun to listen to. From podcasts. I had Bob Burg, he’s written a bunch of books about Cameron Herold. He’s written a number of books, Jay Samit, Garry Ridge from WD-40. talks about he started off in WD-40, is like a low level position and worked his way up to CEO Perry Marshall at 20, sales and marketing and there’s many more, so check out InspiredInsider.com. And before we get to this, this episode is brought to you by Rise25 and Rise25. We help businesses I like to say Jonathan and give to and connect to their dream 100 relationships and partnerships by helping you run your podcast. Basically, we are an easy button for a business to launch and run your podcast. And in my opinion, I was saying this Jonathan before it’s self serving, I think every business should have a podcast period, just like we all websites, we should have a podcast. And the reason is, you know the number one thing in my life is relationships, I’m always looking at a way to give to my best relationships. And I can do that by profiling the people I love and admire on my podcast and introducing them to my audience and other people. And so if you’ve thought about doing it, go to Rise25.com learn more, we have a bunch of videos and everything like that, and you can email us anytime on the contact page. So check that out. Today’s guest very excited Jonathan Jacobs, is the Founding Partner of Digital Natives Group, and they’ve been a digital marketing agency established in 2011. He’s been doing this a long time. He’s built a seven figure social media practice from the ground up. He’s helped launch social media platforms for global sports brands, projects for Fortune 500 companies and nearly 100 book launches, many of them bestsellers. And the team at Digital Natives have worked with many authors to build their brands and online presences collaborating to build that community. Because when you build that community, Jonathan, you’ll you’ll speak more to this. You can call upon them to take action, whether it’s read a book or get a course, or you know, just subscribe to the the newsletter, and they’ve had clients like the NFL, Dr. David Perlmutter, and many more. So, Jonathan, thanks for joining me.
Jonathan Jacobs 3:08
Thank you. It’s great to be here. today. I’m excited to have this conversation. I’m excited for all of you who are going to be listening. Thanks for giving us your time.
Jeremy Weisz 3:15
You know, I think you’re gonna walk us through some of the stuff that you’ve helped people get to like, I don’t know what we could say quote, unquote, bestseller status and really launch. Yeah, you know,
Jonathan Jacobs 3:25
some of the quotes Yeah, nowadays,
Jeremy Weisz 3:28
and advice, even as an experienced agency owner, but I want to start with, you know, since you work with so many authors, CEOs, what are some of your favorite nonfiction books that