Today we have Travis Romine, Founder of Sharp Commerce. His company is a group of ecommerce ninjas helping with customer engagement, retention and advanced marketing.
He took sales from $100/day to $15,000+/day over 10-year period at Paradise Fibers that he cofounded, which grew to one of the top performing businesses in the needle-craft industry.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:45] Jeremy’s introduction of Travis Romine, founder of Sharp Commerce.
- [1:24] Advantages and disadvantages of various ecommerce platforms.
- [5:23] What level would someone have to be at for you to tell them to try Magento?
- [7:00] Other ecommerce platforms to consider.
- [9:11] The main differences between BigCommerce and Volusion.
- [11:05] Why would you recommend BigCommerce over Volusion?
- [12:38] Travis discusses Shopify.
- [17:45] At what level would it be a no brainer to choose Magento?
- [19:36] Travis compares the major ecommece platforms, discussing the pros and cons of each.
- [22:30] What is it about Magento that makes it a worthwhile investment?
- [24:04] The role of reporting in ecommerce platforms.
- [28:19] Comparison shopping engines and other tips.
- [31:01] How to connect with Travis.
In this episode…
With over a decade of experience in the ecommerce industry, it’s clear Travis is a guru. He’s the go to guy for insight into the business, tips on selecting the right platform, and so much more. In this chat with Jeremy, Travis offers insight into the top ecommerce platforms, including how to choose the right one for your budget.
When it’s time to select an ecommerce platform and you aren’t sure which way to go, there’s no better guy to ask than Travis. As an innovator in the field, Travis has a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of each platform, including (perhaps most importantly) which one is best for your budget. He shares tips on his top 3 platforms – Magento, BigCommerce, and Volusion – including what’s great and not so great about each one.
Travis starts with an in-depth analysis of Magento, including why it’s not the right choice for fledgling businesses with a smaller budget. He also shares insight into some of the things that make Magento stand out from other ecommerce platforms in terms of ease of use, functionality, and versatility. Travis goes on to share the main issue with Magento: an absence of scalability. The solution? Take a look at BigCommerce and Volusion.
When comparing BigCommerce and Volusion, it’s clear that some of the things that make Magento great are missing. But what’s also clear is that these are 2 great options for smaller businesses without a monster budget. Travis discusses the pros and cons of each platform, in order to simplify the selection process for companies in search of the right platform. Travis closes by offering tips on reporting, search, and other essential functions – including how each platform performs.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
Get Personal Advice from Top Leaders & Founders How To:
- Don’t re-invent the wheel! What successful entrepreneurs know can help make you a success—and avoid the mistakes they made
- Hear the enormous challenges these wildly successful people overcame
- Hear their candid, first-hand stories—free!