Josh Dorkin started BiggerPockets.com from scratch 10 years ago and now has over 450K members. They have grown to be one of the largest and most reputable real estate community on the Internet with a forum that has over 1.7 million posts! They hold the #1 real estate podcast on iTunes and attract more than 1k new members a day. They help people gain their own financial freedom through real estate!
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:00] Preshow Banter: Joshua’s story and things he enjoys talking about.
- [6:10] Jeremy’s introduction of Josh Dorkin and this episode.
- [7:35] The lowest point in Joshua’s entrepreneurial journey.
- [10:00] The impact of Joshua’s wife on the times he was ready to quit.
- [11:27] Joshua’s highest points with Bigger Pockets.
- [14:02] How you can connect with Joshua.
In this episode…
There are many people out there who espouse the benefits of building what is called a lifestyle business. It’s a great concept – when it works. But today’s guest, Joshua Dorkin tells the story of how he build an amazingly successful online business that by all rights should have been supporting his lifestyle, but instead left him no room for any kind of life at all.
The pain of overwork is well known, but it’s only when you feel it firsthand that you realize that there’s great wisdom in setting boundaries and learning to delegate. Joshua Dorkin tells how he’s still learning to let go of the business details so that he doesn’t kill himself or neglect his family.
If you’re guilty of overworking, you’ve got to take the time to listen to this episode. You’ll hear Josh Dorkin’s own story of how the BiggerPockets empire was built on the back of his own overwork, and how he’s taking steps now to get some relief from that burden.
Be sure you stick around until the end of this episode so you can get the free book offer from BiggerPockets, the Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing. It’s right here on this episode of Inspired Insider.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
- Get the book Josh mentioned: www.BiggerPockets.com/UBG
Yes, if you watch closely Josh is actually featured in this Saturday Night Live skit.
Have You Ever Hit a Wall in Business or Life?
Get Personal Advice from Top Leaders & Founders How To:
- Overcome Big Personal Challenges: Cancer, Bankruptcy, Divorce, Near Death, & Much More.
- Avoid Major Mistakes: Sales, Marketing, Hiring, Firing, Products, Partnerships & Much More.