Wim Hof is known as “The Iceman” for his ability to withstand extreme cold and control his autonomic nervous system .Wim holds 21 world records, including one staying immersed in ice up to his neck for 1 hour and 52 min.He reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in his shorts within two days and taught a group of 27 people to do the same. He climbed Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes He completed a half marathon above the arctic circle in Finland, in temperatures close to −20 °C (−4 °F) dressed in nothing but shorts. He even went to the opposite extreme and ran a full marathon in the Namib Desert without water.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 33:35 — 38.4MB)
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
Pre-show banter (this is interesting stuff!)
- [0:01] Wim doing some yoga atop a mountain.
- [1:23]Wim’s viewpoint of conditions and control of the environment.
- [3:01] Breaking mountain climbing records with untrained groups of people.
- [8:42] The last group’s toughest challenges climbing Kilimanjaro.
Outline of the interview
- [13:50] Jeremy’s introduction of Wim Hoff, the Ice Man.
- [15:11] What drives Wim to do what he does.
- [17:30] The loss of his wife and how he pushed through it.
- [20:08] The proudest moments Wim has experienced.
- [25:33] Why Wim believes that we must change the world.
In this episode…
Wim Hoff is an amazing man. He’s accomplished some of the most incredible feats in the world within the realm of extreme endurance, especially in cold temperatures. But even Wim found himself battling the heavy weight of grief when he was faced with the loss of his dearly loved wife. But he battled through, applying the first forms of the breathing exercises and mindset practices he’s developed and is teaching today.
Grief, pain, and emotional struggles are hard for anyone to handle, even the “Ice Man” Wim Hoff. Wim’s story of how he focused on helping his children navigate the trail of grief and how he used his breathing practices and techniques to find a place of peace in spite of the grief is an inspiring story. You’ll want o hear this episode. It’s full of Wim’s buoyant personality and zest for life.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
Have You Ever Hit a Wall in Business or Life?
Get Personal Advice from Top Leaders & Founders How To:
- Overcome Big Personal Challenges: Cancer, Bankruptcy, Divorce, Near Death, & Much More.
- Avoid Major Mistakes: Sales, Marketing, Hiring, Firing, Products, Partnerships & Much More.