Laura Roeder is the founder of MeetEdgar.com which is a social media automation tool designed to prevent updates from going to waste. Basically you don’t have to keep feeding in posts because it recycles them for you! Since Edgar’s launch they have grown to 16 employees and have more than $2.8 million in annual recurring revenue AND they’ve bootstrapped the entire way.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:24] Jeremy’s introduction of Laura Roeder, founder of Edgar.
- [1:09] One of the lowest points in Laura’s entrepreneurial career.
- [3:30] Working out the details of leaving the partnership.
- [4:58] Laura’s proudest moment with Edgar.
- [5:56] Tips for keeping the company culture healthy.
- [7:05] Tools the team uses.
- [7:25] Mentors in Laura’s life.
- [9:03] The time savings that Edgar provides.
- [10:31] Laura’s favorite success stories from Edgar clients.
In this episode…
For every entrepreneur who gets involved in a partnership situation it’s clear from the outset that there will be difficult moments keeping the partnership healthy. For Laura Roeder, that was not such a big deal. What she found to be extremely difficult was when she discovered in her own heart that it was time to move on from the company she had helped the founder establish and build.
The relationship she had developed with her co-founder was strong, which is what made it so hard to break the news that she had decided to leave. On this episode of Inspired Insider Laura shares the difficulty of that decision, how she broke the news, and the results that came of it.
Laura Roeder also shares some tips on this episode for co-founders or teams about how to discuss and structure agreements centered around the eventuality that one of the parties might leave the company. It’s something that was not done in her experience which she suggests that everyone in a partnership or co-founder situation address from the outset.
Team culture: Tips to make it healthy
Laura Roeder loves working with the team she’s gathered to make Edgar a terrific social media management system. The culture is great, the team actually enjoys working together, and the chemistry is great. On this episode Laura shares some of the things they do to keep the culture strong. You won’t want to miss her fun ideas, on this episode of Inspired Insider.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
- Connect with Laura via Twitter: @LKR
Get Personal Advice from Top Leaders & Founders How To:
- Don’t re-invent the wheel! What successful entrepreneurs know can help make you a success—and avoid the mistakes they made
- Hear the enormous challenges these wildly successful people overcame
- Hear their candid, first-hand stories—free!