Justin is best known for helping marketers and business owners to convert their offers on cold traffic. He grew his own supplement company from 0->$23 million in sales in just under three years by focusing on cold traffic growth. After selling his supplement company in 2017, Justin now helps some of the biggest names with their marketing like Golden Hippo, Dan Lok, Agora Financial, V-Shred, 4Patriots, Mike Geary, Danette May, Six Pack Shortcuts, Natural Health Sherpa and more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [3:10] Jeremy introduces his guest, Justin Goff.
- [6:00] The most difficult email Justin ever sent.
- [14:00] The story behind the “I pooped my pants” email.
- [19:00] Why Justin started his email list.
- [21:10] Chasing happiness and finding answers.
- [30:00] Looking to the future and Justin’s decision to not have children.
- [35:30] The biggest marketing mistake most businesses are making.
- [40:40] Client success stories.
- [46:00] Upsale examples.
- [53:30] More marketing tips from Justin.
- [1:03:10] How Justin connected with Dr. Sebring & what it takes to find a spokesperson.
- [1:08:30] What led to Justin’s exit from Patriot Health and what the fallout was like.
- [1:15:30] Closing thoughts.
In this episode…
Have you tapped into the power of email lists? You’ve likely heard that email marketing is either dead or dying – it’s not true! People use their email regularly – don’t you want to get your message in front of them? On this episode of Inspired Insider, you’ll hear from business leader and renowned marketer – Justin Goff. In his conversation with Jeremy, Justin opens up about why he is so vulnerable in his emails, how to connect with an email list, what it was like to exit his business, success stories, and much more! Have pen and paper ready – you don’t want to miss a minute of this powerful episode featuring Justin’s story!
Have you ever had someone open up and share something personal with you that you never thought they would? Imagine getting an email explaining how someone’s mother wouldn’t support or encourage their career – that’s what Justin Goff did! While opening up to thousands of strangers via an email sounds crazy (It is) it is also incredibly effective. As a result of that deeply personal email – Justin saw a huge increase in the engagement he had with his email list. The lesson is this – vulnerability can go a long way!
On the other side of the coin – some will be turned off by intensely personal stories. Justin shared a story about suffering from Crohn’s Disease, which involved descriptions of struggling with painful bowel movements. As you can imagine – that wasn’t the cup of tea for everyone on Justin’s email list! The mixed and somewhat negative feedback that Justin received from that email didn’t slow him down one bit. Today, Justin is committed to being honest, raw, and real with his following.
Have you ever found yourself struggling with fulfillment in your life? What have you tried to fill that void? Have you found anything that works? Business leaders all over the world struggle every day to find their life’s purpose beyond what they do and what they can produce. If you’ve ever struggled with your self-worth – you aren’t alone! Struggling to find meaning in his life – Justin set out on a quest to learn from other leaders who have had similar challenges and made it out the other side. What Justin learned changed the course of his life for the better! Here is a hint – Justin’s turnaround didn’t involve making more money.
When you get the chance to learn from a marketing expert like Justin – you don’t take it for granted. In his conversation with Jeremy, Justin was kind enough to reveal his take on marketing strategies and methods that work and ones that need to fade away. Here are three upsell approaches that Justin says work every time.
- More of the same – where you offer an increased amount of the same product.
- Results faster – offering a product that will fast track the results they are looking for.
- Done for you – proven and prepackaged methods that deliver results.
If you’d like to go deeper with the significant insights and resources that Justin discussed with Jeremy, make sure to check out his website and apply to his email list! You can find all the information you need to connect with Justin in the resources section at the end of this post.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
Sponsor for this episode
Rise25’s mission is to connect you with your best referral partners and customers.
We do this in 3 ways…
- Our Done for you Media – We help your company completely run and launch your own podcast. we distribute your show across more than 11 different channels including a dedicated blog post and social media. You simply show up and talk and we do everything else. Our team has been working with podcasters since 2009. I personally credit podcasting as the single best thing I have done for my business and my life. It has allowed me to connect with the founders/ceo’s of P90x, Atari, Einstein Bagels, Mattel, Rx Bars, and many more. Besides making best friends and finding my business partner..podcasting has led to relationships with countless customers and referral partners.
- Our Done for you Lead Generation– We manually send a consistent flow of customized outreach messages to your ideal clients and referral sources that you want to connect with to generate more business and clients – this is not paid traffic by the way.
- Our Done for you VIP Events – We do live in-person VIP Days and receptions. These are 100% outsourced VIP days for software companies and conference organizers so we can help you serve your highest level customers. It may or may not involve Elvis costumes – See video
Rise25 VIP Days have a proven track record of helping companies to get more referrals, increase retention with their VIP customers, and get more engaged new customers without adding extra work to that company’s plate.
Rise25 has hosted VIP events in cities such as Austin, Chicago, Santa Barbara, San Diego, New York, Sonoma, and Las Vegas to name a few.
Since these each require a lot of humans to do the work we have limited bandwidth and only want to work with the right company. so if any sound interesting to you go to Rise25.com and contact us or email support (at) rise25.com.
If your company wants to attract and connect with your highest level customers and referral partners then you can learn more and contact us to find out if your company qualifies at Rise25.com.