Jim Sheils is CoFounder of Board Meetings International, a company that specializes in retreats for entrepreneurs and their children that focus on deepening the relationship between parent and child through experiences.
In his 20s, Jim partnered with best friend Brian Scrone since 3 years old and went on to create a multimillion dollar real estate company generates over $15million per year.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:37] Jeremy’s introduction of Jim Shiels, founder of Board Meetings International.
- [1:20] One of the biggest breakthroughs Jim has ever learned: The Dream Room.
- [1:53] What is the Dream Room?
- [3:40] Jim’s example of what came from his own “dream room.”
- [6:18] Some of the most surprising things that have come from Jim’s dream room exercises with kids.
- [8:01] The things that happen when entrepreneurial parents work together.
- [8:48] Fostering vulnerability in groups.
- [10:38] Milestones in Jim’s real estate business.
- [14:22] Taking care who you take advice from.
- [17:15] How to find out more from Jim.
- [18:25] Jim’s proudest moments.
- [19:23] The biggest lessons Jim’s learned from his wife.
- [20:23] The role Jim’s wife plays in the board meeting activities.
In this episode…
There’s a very special thing that happens at the “Board Meeting” events Jim Sheils and his team put on for entrepreneurs and their kids. Twice yearly, world-class entrepreneurs and their kids make a trip to the north-east coast of Florida for a Board Meeting retreat. It’s not a camp for troubled kids, these retreats are designed for the rare family willing to dedicate time and resources for true growth, real education, and deep connection.
Those who take the brave step of attending a board meeting retreat leave with stronger parent-child connections, a greater sense of contribution, a deepened success mindset, and practical financial knowledge. Both parents and children who have attended past board meeting events say they experienced shifts in mindset and gained a new focus on what’s important to them.
In this short episode you’re going to hear Jim describe one of the main exercises they do with parents and children called “The Dream Room.” What happens there is nothing short of incredible. You’re going to hear how he leads the meeting, what comes of it, and some of the surprising things that have happened as a result. And if you’re interested in being part of one of these fantastic retreats, you’ll learn how you can find out more information.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
Have You Ever Hit a Wall in Business or Life?
Get Personal Advice from Top Leaders & Founders How To:
- Overcome Big Personal Challenges: Cancer, Bankruptcy, Divorce, Near Death, & Much More.
- Avoid Major Mistakes: Sales, Marketing, Hiring, Firing, Products, Partnerships & Much More.