Bob Bly is one of the Legends of Copywriting and is the author of more than 80 books including The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Direct Marketing and The Copywriter’s Handbook.
With a 30+-year track record as a top freelance copywriter he has been dubbed “America’s top copywriter” by McGraw-Hill and praised by legendary ad man David Ogilvy.
Bob Bly talks about how to avoid burnout and what pushes him.
For much more click below to watch! [Video & mp3 included]
Watch the Full Episode
Podcast: Download (Duration: 7:52 — 9.0MB)
What will you learn in this interview?
– When he faces a tough time, what inspires him to push through?
– How do his children help inspire him?
– How does he defeat burnout?
Business Mentors, Tools, Books mentioned:
– “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Direct Marketing” by Bob Bly
– “The Copywriter’s Handbook” by Bob Bly
– Isaac Asimov – American author and professor of biochemistry at Boston University.
– Hunter Thompson – American journalist and author
– “The Elements of Technical Writing” by Gary Blake and Bob Bly
– Charles and David Koch – Koch Industries
– Herschell Gordon Lewis – American filmmaker, Created the “splatter” subgenre of horror films
– Sig Rosenblum – Retired adman and publisher
– Mark Ford – American author, entrepreneur, publisher,
– Gerry Hunsicker – Senior Advisor of Baseball Operations for the Los Angeles Dodgers
– Steve Roberts – Copywriting, fine art, commercial photography, art direction, media planning
A little background about Bob Bly:
Copywriter Bob Bly has written for over 100 clients including Network Solutions, ITT Fluid Technology, Medical Economics, Intuit, Business & Legal Reports, and Brooklyn Union Gas.
His awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association, AWAI’s Copywriter of the Year, and ETR’s Lifetime Achievement Award in Marketing. He was voted one of the 50 most influential people in sales lead management by the Sales Lead Management Association.
Bob is the author of more than 80 books including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Direct Marketing (Alpha Books) and The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt & Co.). His articles have appeared in numerous publications such as DM News, Writer’s Digest, Amtrak Express, Cosmopolitan, Inside Direct Mail, and Bits & Pieces for Salespeople.
Bob has presented marketing, sales, and writing seminars for such groups as the U.S. Army, Independent Laboratory Distributors Association, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and the American Marketing Association. He also taught business-to-business copywriting and technical writing at New York University.
Bob writes sales letters, direct mail packages, ads, e-mail marketing campaigns, brochures, articles, press releases, white papers, Web sites, newsletters, scripts, and other marketing materials clients need to sell their products and services to businesses. He also consults with clients on marketing strategy, mail order selling, and lead generation programs.
Prior to becoming an independent copywriter and consultant, Bob was advertising manager for Koch Engineering, a manufacturer of process equipment. He has also worked as a marketing communications writer for Westinghouse Defense. Bob Bly holds a B.S. in chemical engineering from the University of Rochester and has been trained as a Certified Novell Administrator (CNA). He is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the Business Marketing Association.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including MoneyTalk 1350, The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, Bill Bresnan, CNBC, Winning in Business, The Small Business Advocate and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer.
Please Leave a comment Below on one thing you found Most Inspiring or Helpful
**(I read and respond to all comments personally)**