John Ruhlin is the founder of the Ruhlin Group and the author of Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention. He’s the #1 all time distributor of Cutco Knives in its 65+ year history.
John is a master gift-giver, who forges lifetime relationships while generating huge returns for his clients. His impressive list of clients includes the Chicago Cubs, Orlando Magic, Chicago Bears and many top entrepreneurs including Darren Hardy, Cameron Hould, and many more.
The true essence of John Ruhlin can be summed up in this quote from a very important person, his daughter: John helps people love on people.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:37] Jeremy’s introduction of John Ruhlin, founder of the Ruhlin Group and author of Giftology.
- [1:58] The low point of John’s journey.
- [2:58] How did you get out of that “funk”?
- [5:30] How did your wife help you get through that low point?
- [7:17] One of the proudest moments in your journey.
- [9:34] Some of the perks John and his partner give to the team.
- [10:24] John explains his connection to The Bubble Banks Company.
- [13:40] How to connect with John.
- [14:22] Who are some of the companies and entrepreneurs you want as a client?
In this episode…
Listening to the master gift-giver makes it clear that giving should be a core value of companies large and small. John discusses the evolution of his company, including the all-important highs and lows along the way. From his days as a struggling entrepreneur to the success he enjoys today, John has maintained a focus on the core value of his company: giving.
John shares insight into his lowest points, which included tragedy, heartache, and shock. He talks about the lessons learned from these low points and how he managed to bounce back. John also talks about how he found support during these struggles and why the low points helped to make him an even stronger entrepreneur, and person. He gives insight into how his wife’s support helped him persevere in the darkest times.
John goes on to discuss the proudest moments of his journey. From launching his book, Giftology, to the honor of being asked to speak at Google, John has enjoyed many high points throughout his journey. He goes on to discuss some of the perks he and his partner give to the team, and why it’s so important to find ways to give back to the people that make it all happen.
In closing, John goes over his “dream list” of clients he’d love to work with, including Gary Vaynerchuk, Tim Ferris, Michael Hyatt, and Seth Godin.